Here is a free Bell Ringer on the Age of Exploration (13 Colonies Worksheet)!
Click the link or the picture to download this free US History Worksheet!
Opening Activity: The Virginia Colony
Copyright, © USHistoryTeachers.com All Rights Reserved.
1. Why do you think these colonies all bordered the Atlantic Ocean? Explain.
They needed to trade with England. They were colonies and England was the Mother Country.
2. What economic advantages would Virginia have due to its geographic location? Explain.
Virginia is in the middle and would be impacted by trade between the colonies. They are near a coast, but also have a lot of land and a warmer climate than the Northern Colonies.
3. There were various Native American groups toward the west in places such as modern day Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio. Based on this aspect, why do you think Britain would want colonists to not cross this line? Explain.
England wanted her colonies to avoid conflict with the Native Americans.
This activity is a part of our Age of Exploration lesson plan
Lesson plan includes:
1) Bell Ringer / Opening Activity (Anne Hutchinson Worksheet)
2) PowerPoint Presentation (Save at least 3 hours of prep time!) (13 Original Colonies Worksheet)
3) Guided Notes worksheet for your students
4) Content Reading Guide (Lesson Plans work with ALL textbooks!)
5) Quiz, Exit Slip, Assessments, or Test for EVERY lesson plan / Unit!
6) VIDEO – Don’t feel like teaching today? Show a FREE video! (45 minutes – 13 Original Colonies Video!)
7) EXTRA Worksheet – Keep your kids busy bell to bell (Naming the 13 Colonies Worksheet)
8) Activities for GROUP and INDIVIDUAL work
9) Answer keys for all activities, printables and assessments
10) Includes National Standards – We look them up, so you don’t have to!